Friday 30 January 2015

Dear Mahanoor.

Dear Mahanoor,

I have been meaning to write you a letter and give it to you tomorrow when we see each other but then I had to tell you what you actually mean to me. To be honest, you are one of the most loveliest human beings that I have ever seen and spent time with in my entire 19 years of existence. That heart of yours is so pure that I feel so fuzzy and warm inside.

To begin with, 4 years of friendship where we always understood each other and argued, then there were days when we didn't talk to each other because of I don't know what went wrong but still whenever we start talking, nothing else mattered. Not even a single fight or misunderstanding which I am so grateful about it. You have always been my backbone and didn't care about whether I bother you during the day or night.

Then when I came to Karachi, you came the exact day just to see me and you hugged me. The words that you uttered, still in my mind, ''finally my dream came true''. I am not even allowed to say thank you but thank you for making me feel special and waiting for me in the sun for an hour. At that moment, I didn't know what to say or feel because you are just so loving and caring. Everything seems meaningless when you are around.

Also you would break rules for me and make sure that I am safe all the time, making everything look like I am not away from home. You are home to me, people can be home too like I did mention to you. Selflessness is so filled in you that I can literally drown in it and I would be saved by you again because you are that anchor for me. That is love, you understand what is love completely and I am always stunned how you do. 

Being silly teenagers that we were, we definitely grew up from our mistakes, confusion, pain and self destruction. Holding each other's hands, we did it and we will keep on doing so, now that we are so close to each other, being in the same vicinity. I just feel it when you send me a message even if there is no wifi, it's just that I am connected to that soul of yours that you will discover how beautiful it is in some days because I am here for that.

'I am a sticky lover so don't cry', I am definitely that person who will not leave you because I was born that way. It doesn't matter if there is a power cut, riot, strike or fog, I am there for you and I know it is likewise. Just that we are similar in so many ways that we understand each other so well, like you looked at my face in the supermarket last Sunday and said, 'do not worry, Nasra, the gate will still be open.'

Last but not least, I love you more than I will ever express in words but I will do so in so many actions that you will always be smiling. Do thank Aunty for giving you birth or I will do so in some hours when I see her. And basically you are my everything so I am going to stop being formal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment