Thursday 11 December 2014

Almost.

I do not smile anymore when I hear the word 'almost' because it seems so incomplete. It is like a whole process has stopped midway for some reason. I can't accept this in my mind that 'almost' is defining anything as it is so vivid. It's like accepting something yet deep inside yourself, you are denying it.

There are times when I used to say that I am almost beautiful or you are almost beautiful as a compliment but then I realized that I am doing the contrary. It is because I thought that I was not beautiful enough or you are not beautiful enough. It is not spreading joy rather uncertainty. It is when you are not sure with your words that you say 'almost' and it hurts. It really does, to the core. One can even go to the extent of telling you that it would be better if you would not say anything.

Imagine somebody telling you, 'I almost love you'. It would mean that he/she isn't sure about the love evolving. Confusion will be in the air then and nobody will be at ease. What's the use of saying words that you do not mean wholeheartedly? Almost is like you do want that person in your life yet you do not want that person. There is no sense in that so be careful before you say 'almost' to anybody because sending mixed signals is bad.

Also when your friend tells you that he/she is almost arriving where you are waiting impatiently but in reality, they are playing on the 'almost' to let you know that you have to wait for another couple of hours because they know that 'almost' is to say to keep you in suspense of what is actually going on or going to happen. It's absolutely amazing how others can play with the word 'almost' and you do not realize it at all.

Can you stop using the word 'almost' because people aren't smart enough to differ out what are you actually meaning? English language has some confusing words and 'almost' is one of them. Be careful with your words for they stay on the tongues of your loved ones for a long time and it will harm them. 

1 comment: